This issue of CHP/PCOR's Quarterly Update covers news from the Summer 2007 quarter and includes articles about:
- two reports on care coordination -- one on care coordination strategies in general, and a second on care coordination specifically for children with special health care needs;
- an international health section that features work done by undergraduates this summer (with mentorship and guidance from CHP/PCOR staff) on the GOBI initiative, as well as a summary of a the new Children's Project established by core faculty member Paul H. Wise;
- two Research in Brief selections -- one highlights the impact of pay for performance reimbursement structures on end-stage renal disease care, and the second examines the link between obesity and wages in Europe;
- a Medicare restructuring and refinancing piece that highlights the work of director and core faculty member Alan M. Garber, core faculty member Victor R. Fuchs, and colleagues;
- a piece on the effect of chronic illnesses such as obesity on disability trends in the near-elderly population;
- a Staff Spotlight feature on two CHP/PCOR research assistants.
Note to the reader:
The newsletter is fully-navigational. Any text that is surrounded by a dashed box is clickable and will allow the reader to navigate the newsletter more efficiently. The end of each article contains a special symbol (§) that, when clicked, will take the reader back to the table of contents. Please feel free to contact Amber Hsiao with any questions.